"Filling up the Empty Places"

     Ephesians 3:14-21, "For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do immeasureably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen."

    It must disappoint God to see us floundering around when He desires to completely fill the void in our lives and we simply are too hard headed to understand the process.  I reckon He gets frustrated as we seek to fill the void or the empty places in our hearts with the approval of others, the control of circumstances, decisions and outcomes, and fret over details of which we have absolutely no control.  I heard it said recently that it takes time for God to work out His will and therefore, we should bear patiently that which has come our way until He has had a chance to finish the work he has started within us.  Why then do we stumble and grunt over situations and frustrations?  Why do we worry and fret over our circumstances or the circumstances of others all the while blowing things so far out of proportion as to promote a negative impact on ourselves and those we love?

     His Spirit has come to reside in my heart from the moment I admitted I was a sinner and had a need for a Saviour.  It is up to me to become rooted and established in the love He has for me, to receive the power and grasp His love, to learn by experience Christ's love that surpasses all present and fragmentary knowlege.  He desires to fill up every inch of my life with the fullness of His love.  However unfathomable is that?  And yet, it is truth!

     In order to receive the freedom this truth brings, I commit to pouring my heart out to God, confessing my sin daily, acknowledging every empty and hollow place that exists within me and invite Him to fill them completely.  I will fan the flame of His love by reading His Word, listening to edifying music and praying often!  I will avoid things that quench His Spirit and hinder the process He desires to complete.  I invite him to "....satisfy all my longings with His lavish and unfailing love so that I may sing for joy and be glad all my days." Psalm 90:14.  Oh, the deep love of Jesus; it floods my soul and fills all the empty places!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#UntilWeMeetAgain

Impulsivity

Don't Lose Heart IN the Process