Leaning Into Our Circumstances to Trust

II Corinthians 2:14, "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him."

     It seems these days, many of my friends and acquaintances have arrived at a circumstance or circumstances in their lives not of their own choosing.  Circumstances way beyond their control.  I am no exception.  As a matter of fact, at times, I have felt as if God has left me, alone and empty.  Through circumstances of grief and pain, I've come to discover something so special, so great!  I live for a REAL God.  A God who has ordered my life for me long before I ever knew He existed!  Before I knew Him; He knew me!  He thought of me!  He had a plan all along, just for me!  Most of the time it's a plan I cannot understand.  He places these circumstantial crossroads in my life to cause me to stop and evaluate whether I will abandon to Him or choose to flee from Him.  I've chosen both, at one time or another and felt the pain and joy of both.

     God promises us in Jeremiah 29:11-13, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and will bring you back from captivity.'" 

     So, no matter your issue, God loves His children and promises not to harm them.  In fact, He promises to leads them in triumphal procession and spread His fragrance as He leads.  Of course, it all hinges on our willingness to accept the circumstances He has entrusted to us.  That's the hard part; many times the circumstances appear destructive and we would rather divorce ourselves from them.

     A little over a year ago, I began a journey with a new Biblical Truth God was just beginning to teach me, "Never doubt your circumstances, lean into them and trust God."  Though most often, I would never choose the circumstances I face, God allows them for His greater purposes.  Purposes that many times are not revealed immediately.  Yet, I can always rest in His truth, His greater purpose in not intended to bring harm to me.  Mind you, I can never know what will be waiting for me around the corner, but I can choose to Praise Him in what lies ahead since He already sees and knows His plans for me!! 

Could I gently encourage you today to Lean into your circumstances; trust the One who entrusted them to you.... for His greater purpose.... He knows what lies ahead, my friend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#UntilWeMeetAgain

Impulsivity

Don't Lose Heart IN the Process