"Alone with The Divine Teacher," from Oswald's, "Still Higher for His Highest" was the title of my opening Devo this morning. Mark 4:34, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace and be healed." I stared at the words go and be for a moment... curious about go in peace followed by be healed. It seemed to me there was an important message in the order of these words. The Devo went on to reveal: simplicity comes in allowing the Holy Spirit to speak through the scripture, alone: The Scripture itself is the very Truth that the Holy Spirit wants to reveal to the reader: truth for our mind, heart and emotion. And in His Truth we discover our shortfalls. That's where I began to consider the order of "go in peace and be healed" further.

God is His infinite wisdom gives us the free will first to be open or closed to the realization of sin in our lives and secondly to verbally acknowledge it to Him. If as we read the word, we ask the Holy Spirit to identify the sin hiding from our sight and we verbally confess it, we will receive the wisdom that comes with this excercise in Sanctification, becoming like Christ.

Back to the scripture, to be healed, you must first go in peace. Peace cannot reside where sin resides. Without our knowledge, confession and repentance, we cannot receive God's peace and without His peace we cannot be healed. Sanctification leads to Peace. And both Peace and Sanctification afford healing and transformation in us which renew us and make us worthy to receive all the fullness of the New Life in Christ.

As I was leaning in and listening long this morning, the song #SalvationHymn by #WorshipMob began playing in the background. I couldn't help but think of the many women God has placed in my life. We're walking on this earth searching for the Truth that will set us free. I believe there's a blessing for you today!
"Search my heart; make me new. Purify this broken vessel God. I let you in; I confess I'm a mess; wash my sins away. Guilt and shame they have no place the old has passed away. It is Jesus, You're worth of the praise." Salvation Hymn, Worship Mob
https://open.spotify.com/track/5CS02hrHOQPiaCzMq8WqQZ?si=bMnR3ALNRjaQtUPquxLXqw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#UntilWeMeetAgain

Impulsivity

Don't Lose Heart IN the Process