Can't Begin to Understand

      Genesis 5:24, "Enoch walked with God."  What does it mean to walk with God?  Is it a feeling of security? A steadfast renewable joy? A peace that passes all understanding?  Is it sure?  Is it pleasant?  Is it plain and simple?  Is it a state of Brokenness? Is it a bumpy ride with bruises?  Is failure a regular result?  Is it confusing?  Is it turning the wrong direction?  Is it thinking the wrong things?  Is it misunderstanding His intentions?  Is it calculating things on my level?  Is it observing suffering?  Is it observing self-distruction? 

       Altering my patterns of discernment, walking, observing, and praying into complete abandonment to Him.  Relinquishing my way: the way I see your people, the way I pray, the way I observe, the way I speak, the way I learn, the way I abide in You.  Life altering.

       Paul said, "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14.  No matter the pain, the disappointments, the joy, the struggles, the failures, the observations, the blessings, the suffering....press on.

       I return to pray. A new vision; a new purpose.

Comments

  1. Yes, Amy. Oneness with Him, in stride with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really needed to read that today Amy girl.
    I'm still having computer problems at home so I'm at the library because I needed to check something. I decided to check the blog while I was here. As I was reading the verse from Philippians, it dawned on me that my "pressing on" attitude has not been consistent. It has been off and on depending on my mood, and yes, once again, circumstances. We are not just supposed to "press on" at the beginning of the week or when we make New Year's resolutions (which is when my pressing on attitude is at its peak) We are supposed to press on every minute of every day, seeking God's guidance and trusting Him to know what's best for us. I really needed to be reminded of that. I feel better. Thanks Amy.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#UntilWeMeetAgain

Impulsivity

Don't Lose Heart IN the Process