Suffering produces deep and lasting Peace, Joy and Hope!

     Recently, I was studying and came across a little reminder of the most amazing principle I've ever learned in my walk with God.  Romans 2b-5, "And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

     In this same, I was led to Amos 5:4b, 6, 14-15 "Seek me and live."  "Seek the Lord and live."  "Seek good, not evil, that you may live.  Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.  Hate evil, love good: maintain justice in the courts.  Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph."
 
     In the years since I've graduated from college, married, and started a family, I've experienced joy and suffering though I will be quick to say that my suffering is mild compared to so many others I know. Suffering definitely produces more fruit than joy.  Interesting topic isn't it?  How is it that suffering produces more fruit than joy?  Why does God choose to use suffering to produce everlasting qualities and living testimonies to His greatness?  How is it that those who "Seek Him and Live" often find suffering in their pathway?

     "Seek Him and Live" represents a complete abandonment of everything that I know as "comfort" and lean in to trust HIM out of my comfort zone; seeking more than just the benefits He offers to me through a relationship with Him.  "Seek Him to Live" means allowing sacrifice in my path, being pliable and letting the Potter mold the clay.  Believe me, I have not yet attained the perfection of this state of mind; I'm just getting started; I am here to give you hope!  Ultimately though "Seek Him to Live" means suffering is inevitable.  It means I may lose some of my most dearest and precious possessions on earth even those whom I love the most.  It has been said that Peace, JOY and HOPE shine brighter in those who have suffered.  Haven't you seen those people?  Their walk with God in even the most difficult scenarios produces PEACE, JOY and HOPE?  Incredibly inspiring isn't it?  People who's circumstances would break the character of most of us, yet people who find a way to Believe Him and allow His character and hope to prevail in them. 

     Won't you abandon To Him today and begin building perseverance, character and hope?  "Seek Him and Live!"  You won't be disappointed; it will be worth it!  There's a banquet table of blessing awaiting you just now.  Come and receive Him now!

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." 

Romans 3:23, " for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Isaiah 53:6, "We all, like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all." 

Romans 10:9-10, "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#UntilWeMeetAgain

Impulsivity

Don't Lose Heart IN the Process