The Cost of Obedience

     When we choose obedience to Christ it costs us nothing.  Christ chose the long road of obedience much to the dismay of his tempter.  He didn't put a rush on it or order it up from the drive thru lane.  He spent 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness.  So many times, I find myself wanting to hurry things up when that is not God's plan at all.  My motives are fleshly of course.  I just want to move quickly passed tough times or the inconvience it places on my heart. 

     Genesis 8:1, "Then God remembered Noah...."  I take comfort in the fact that God will remember me in my obedience. 

     Proverbs 1:20-22, "Wisdom calls aloud outside; ....How long you simple ones will you love simplicity?  For scorners delight in their scorning and fools hate knowledge."

     Psalm 3:3, " But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
     Take time to delight in the long road of obedience that affords His shield of protection and His glory.  Then shake your head as you take delight in His delight of you!  Press on dear one; he's already paid the price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#UntilWeMeetAgain

Impulsivity

Don't Lose Heart IN the Process